GLL ‘Operator of the Year’ finalist at the UKactive and Matrix Flame Awards
GLL, the UK’s largest charitable social enterprise leisure provider are delighted to announce today that six of their ‘Better’ leisure centres have been shortlisted in two categories for this year’s UKactive and Matrix Flame Awards 2014, with GLL itself, also shortlisted as ‘Leisure Centre Operator of the Year’.
GLL, who have previously won the UKactive and Matrix Flame Awards for Arches Leisure Centre in South London (Leisure Centre of the Year 2000), and Rainbow Leisure Centre in Epsom (Leisure Centre of the Year 2011), are this year’s finalists for the following awards:
- Eltham Leisure Centre, Royal Borough of Greenwich, Leisure Centre of the Year, Multi-use
- Kentish Town Sports Centre, Camden Council, Leisure Centre of the Year, Multi-use
- The Beacon Sports Centre, South Bucks District Council, Leisure Centre of the Year, Streamline
- Hammersmith Fitness and Squash Centre, Hammersmith & Fulham, Leisure Centre of the Year, Streamline
- Little Venice Sports Centre, City of Westminster, Leisure Centre of the Year, Streamline,
- Sprinters Leisure Centre, Chiltern District Council, Leisure Centre of the Year, Streamline
- Leisure Centre Operator of the Year
The news was announced by UKactive CEO David Stalker, who revealed the finalists in a live webinar. Stalker said, “We would like to congratulate each and every finalist who has reached this shortlist stage. The assessment process is known for being the toughest in the business and the level of competition just gets better every year. We look forward to celebrating with all the finalists at this year’s Ball of Fire on 2nd July”.
Mark Sesnan, Managing Director, GLL, said, “We are delighted to have made the list of finalists’ for this year’s UKactive and Matrix Flame Awards for so many of our Better facilities. The awards recognise the leisure centres, health clubs and group operators that have demonstrated exceptional standards across their operation, which is testament to all the hard work and dedication of our staff. We are very pleased this has been acknowledged with the special chance to win such coveted awards in the health and fitness sector.”