In 2015, GLL continued the previous year’s momentum with a wide range of achievements and improved performance.
With continued growth, mergers and the addition of new partnerships to the GLL family, the following were the key highlights for the year:
- We started our operating partnership with Belfast City Council, which includes 14 leisure centres and an investment strategy worth £105m across the city
- North Country Leisure became a wholly owned subsidiary of GLL, delivering services in Newcastle and Cumbria
- Our new Extreme Sports Centre at the Sporthouse in Barking and Dagenham was launched
- Tone Leisure, based in Taunton, became a wholly owned subsidiary of GLL
- We began operating 6 leisure facilities in the City of Bath on behalf of Bath & North East Somerset Council
- We launched the new £20m+ Greenwich Centre in partnership with the Royal Borough of Greenwich
- We launched the new £20m+ Hough End Leisure Centre in partnership with Manchester City Council
- We were named as the key sport and physical activity partner for Sport Relief 2016
- Our Health team were awarded two new contracts for the delivery of a Physical Activity Referral Scheme and Young People Weight Management Programme
- We began operating a new partnership with Newcastle City Council, which included 4 leisure centres
- We launched Better Gym East Village on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- We were awarded preferred bidder status to operate 15 Libraries and support 30 Community Libraries on behalf of Lincolnshire County Council
In summary, 2015 has been another successful year that has seen GLL continue to grow and deliver the
key requirements set out under our Corporate Plan Four Pillars.