GLL is the charitable social enterprise that runs Better leisure facilities. And we’re not just any leisure company. We’re a charitable social enterprise that exists for the benefit of everyone in your community. We do all of this with our partners, and unlike the private sector, we don’t take profit to pay dividends to shareholders.
As a not–for-profit charitable social enterprise, every penny of profit we make is reinvested back into community projects, refurbishing our facilities and bringing you brand new state of the art equipment. We pride ourselves on providing high quality leisure and fitness facilities at affordable prices, so everyone in our partner boroughs can enjoy the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle.
In recognition of our achievements, we’re very proud to be the first leisure operator in the UK to be awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark and the Prime Minister’s Big Society Award. On top of this, we all know that 2012 was a very big year for the world of sport, and we’re delighted to play our part in delivering the legacy for London as the operator running the Aquatics Centre and Copper Box Arena.
Mark Sesnan, Managing Director
Steve Ward, Chair
About our plan
Our Corporate Plan sets out our vision, aims and key actions and demonstrates how as a charitable social enterprise, GLL are focused on delivering better community benefits and opportunities through all our activities.
We want to make a difference to the lives of people through sport, active lifestyles and cultural activity. To deliver this we must be a successful social business that promotes investment into the facilities we manage and the local communities we serve. We’re not just another facilities management company - we want the things we deliver to be different and socially minded.
We seek to be recognised as:
- The Country’s leading inclusive sport, leisure and cultural service provider
- The Country’s leading public service social enterprise delivering social and environmental values and ethics
- The service provider of choice for our client partners, customers and communities.
- To provide service quality and excellence to our customers and our service partners
- To help make the communities in areas we operate more active, empowered and culturally engaged
- To be a successful business with inherent social and environmental responsibility
- To be recognised as Social Enterprise pioneers and to promote replication of ‘socially focussed’ business
- To be known as responsible, accessible organisation respected by customers, partners and our staff
- To continue to be a key Legacy delivery partner for the London Aquatic Centre and Copper Box Arena on the Olympic Park
- To promote the development of sporting opportunities for young people and provide additional funding and opportunities through our GLL Sport Foundation
- To continue to be staff-led and to promote the development of our people