Social Enterprise UK Badge
Social enterprises are making a real difference in the UK but few people know about them.
A social enterprise is a business that trades for a social and/or environmental purpose. It has a clear sense of its ‘social mission’: which means it will know what difference it is trying to make, who it aims to help, and how it plans to do it. It will bring in most or all of its income through selling goods or services. And it will also have clear rules about what it does with its profits, reinvesting these to further the ‘social mission’.
The Social Enterprise UK badge is designed to enable members to identify themselves as social enterprises (or social enterprise supporters), in a way that is consistent and recognisable. From an industry perspective, its important we all use the term to promote genuine social enterprise business, where society profits.
Accredited in 2012.
Quest is a tool for continuous improvement, designed primarily for the management of leisure facilities and leisure development. Quest defines industry standards and good practice and encourages ongoing development and delivery within a customer focused management framework.
To date, 70 of the centres we manage have this accreditation, including the highest London Borough score (85%) for East Ham Leisure Centre.
ISO 14001:2015 Certified
The new ISO14001:2015 International Standard is the world's most recognised environmental management system
It exists to help organisations to:
- Specify requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow,
- Minimise an organisations impact on the environment (i.e. cause adverse changes to air, water, or land)
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and other environmentally oriented requirements
- Work to continually improve their environmental processes and performance.
- Provide guidance on how to consider multiple aspects and impacts of your business procurement, supplier relationships and operations.- so that they reduces its impact on the environment.
- Evaluate how you manage interested parties and stakeholder expectations and an organisations relationships with its local community.
GLL is certified to ISO14001:2015 to ensure that its Environmental Management System (EMS) meets these requirements. GLL’s EMS is implemented across all Leisure Centres, Libraries and Community facilties.
GLL College awarded Beacon College status
Beacon status provides public recognition of the excellence and innovation that exists within the further education system. It celebrates outstanding delivery in the further education sector from a range of learning and skills providers across England.
National Training Awards
The National Training Awards (NTAs) recognise and celebrate Investors in People accredited organisations that have delivered outstanding organisational benefits by directly linking the training needs of their people to the business needs of their organisation.
Voted best Graduate Scheme and Recreation Academy.