We’re passionate about making community services and spaces better for everyone. And we’re known for providing quality leisure and fitness facilities at affordable prices.
GLL manages over 270 leisure centres in partnership with more than 50 local councils and sporting bodies. In all the areas we operate in, we encourage people to improve their health and happiness, by leading an active lifestyle.
We’ve grown from strength-to-strength, working in partnership with local authorities, public agencies, sporting organisations and local communities across the UK. With over 270 leisure centres hosting a range of facilities and activities, with more than 13,000 staff and 58 million visitors a year, GLL really makes a difference.
Our collective ambition is to set the benchmark for sporting and social inclusion and we aim to do this through:
- Creating a healthier, more active community, working with our partners to develop programmes for health, crime-diversion, children and young people
- Improving services for those with disabilities by introducing Inclusive Fitness Initiative gyms
- Ensuring social enterprise and community benefit exist in everything we do
- Investing into facilities to make them modern and relevant for today's customers
- Recruiting local people for local jobs and being an employer of choice
- Developing people to ensure career development through the organisation
- Partnering with other social enterprises and organisations committed to Fairtrade.
GLL is the UK's largest operator of public leisure facilities and the leading leisure trust. While leisure centres will always be our heritage and passion, we’re very committed to further improve the lives of the communities we serve in every way we can.
If you’d like to speak to our leisure division about any new business opportunities, please get in touch.
- To empower local communities to achieve better quality of life.
- To increase participation in leisure, sport and culture to improve health and social wellbeing outcomes through the promotion, provision and delivery of quality facilities and services.
- Invest in the communities we partner to improve health and social wellbeing
- Reinvest in our communities in more than just monetary terms. Our people will invest time, energy and effort into helping and improving those communities through the facilities we manage, the services we offer and time and care we give our customers
- We will use our experience to ensure we work to local agendas, helping target specific or disadvantaged groups and achieving shared partner objectives.
Commitments and Pledges:
- GLL commits to supporting the DCMS national strategy for sport and physical activity and will pledge to create active, healthy and sporting communities that will feature:
- More people from every background regularly and meaningfully ENGAGED and taking part in sport and physical activity
- SUPPORT and advice for children and adults that is understanding and sympathetic to their needs, offering varied opportunities and delivered in facilities that are accessible, affordable and not inhibiting
- Putting individual needs at the heart of decisions and actions; reducing barriers to participation by ADAPTING and responding to growing economic, time pressures and the evolving lifestyle choices of the population
- Investing through the GLL Foundations (Sport and Communities) that provide and SUSTAIN support for community cohesion and talented individuals
- SUSTAINING a positive contribution to the local economy through investment in a workforce that is diverse, passionate, trained and skilled, operating in well-managed, maintained and resourced centres.